What is the Reading & Writing Academy?
Are you looking for innovative ways to provide Reading and Writing instruction? The goal of the lead4ward Reading and Writing Academy is to provide a learning and support system for educators with face-to-face professional development and virtual support throughout two consecutive school years. Participants will synthesize, adapt, and transfer current and new learning to provide effective reading/writing instruction, practice, and assessment. Following a learn, practice and reflect model, academy members will leave with the confidence and competence to set in motion relevant change to promote students as lifelong readers, writers, and learners.
- Big idea/shift
- Making it work – pacing and timing
- Reading and writing process
- Effective independent reading practice
- Genre study
- Instructional variety
- Student Learning Reports
Academy Year-Long Support
- 5 face-to-face sessions
- 5 webinars
- 3 leadership updates
Number of Participants
- Up to 25 participants
- Study, learn, plan, and enhance the teaching and learning of reading and writing
- Understand the reading/writing process through Know to Show concepts
- Establish literacy routines to support effective instruction and assessment
- Establish literacy routines to manage time and pacing
- Integrate reading and writing connection into daily practices and learning
- Simplify the planning process by chunking and scaffolding instruction
Sign up now!
To sign up, please submit a Professional Development Request form->
Gayla is an educational consultant who works with school districts and educational service centers in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and English language arts and reading. Read more–>