determination of 2019-20 end-of-year performance levels
The cancellation of STAAR for Spring and Summer 2020 and TEA’s proposal to label all districts and campuses Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster for the 2019-20 school year are decisions that are designed to allow districts and campuses to focus on what matters most right now: the health and safety of students, staff, families and school communities. It is important, however, for districts and campuses to proactively prepare for a strong start to the 2020-21 school year. The following materials outline a suggested activity: having teachers determine the 2019-20 Summative End-of-Year Performance Levels of each student (in at least Reading and Math in K-8).
what is accountabilityconnect?
The waiver of state and federal assessment and accountability systems for 2019-20 is intended to allow districts and campuses to focus on what matters most right now – the health and safety of students, staff, families and school communities. Entering the 2020-21 school year, school leaders will face more questions than ever about assessment and accountability. accountabilityconnect2020 is designed to help district leaders stay up-to-date on changes to state and federal assessment and accountability in 2020-21 and be able to lead with confidence throughout the school year.
accountabilityconnect is a year-long district support service that is designed to help school leaders:
- Understand the state and federal assessment and accountability systems
- Stay current on changes or developments impacting instruction, assessment and or accountability
- Make sense of the complexities of state and federal assessment and accountability systems to be able to lead and support effective instructional practices
- Connect accountability to instruction – to the benefit of teachers, students and the community
- At least 12 scheduled webinars (with additional webinars added on an as-needed basis)
- Telephone, text, email or virtual on-request support
- Presentation templates for public hearings or board meetings
- Ongoing development of data tools and resources to help analyze and evaluate student growth and performance
- Online learning modules
- Additional materials designed to synthesize and summarize assessment and accountability requirements
John is an educational consultant who works with school districts, campuses and regional educational service centers in the areas of assessment, accountability and data analysis. read more –>