What is the Literacy Academy?
Are you looking for innovative ways to provide literacy instruction? The lead4ward Literacy Academy provides a learning and support system for educators throughout the year (4 days total). The Academy includes face-to-face professional development, virtual support, and optional classroom collaboration. Academy members will gain the confidence and competence to set in motion relevant change to promote students as lifelong listeners, speakers, readers, writers, and thinkers.
Emphasis: An Integrated Approach
- Reading and writing process
- Effective instructional practices
- Focused literacy routines
- Planning process
- Integrating listening, speaking, reading, writing, and thinking into daily practice
- Understanding the reading/writing process and how they connect
- Establishing literacy routines to support effective instruction and assessment
- Simplifying the planning process
Sign up now!
To sign up, please submit a Professional Development Request form
Lakisha Ball, Ed.S., is an experienced educational consultant who works with local education agencies and service centers in the areas of curriculum development, instruction, and reading language arts. In her 17 years as an educator, Lakisha has served as a regional consultant, campus administrator, testing coordinator, instructional specialist and coach, adjunct professor, and a classroom English teacher. Read more–>
For content questions, email [email protected]
For technical questions, email [email protected]