What is the Literacy Academy for ELAR?
Are you looking for innovative ways to provide Reading and Writing instruction? The goal of the lead4ward Literacy Academy for ELAR is to provide a learning and support system for educators throughout two consecutive years for a total of 11 days. The Academy includes face-to-face professional development and classroom collaboration with optional virtual support. Participants will learn, apply, and connect current and new leaning to provide effective literacy instruction, practice, and assessment. Academy members will leave with the confidence and competence to set in motion relevant change to promote students as lifelong listeners, speakers, readers, writers, and thinkers.
- Reading and writing process
- Effective instructional practices
- Focused routines
- Structure for pacing and timing
- Planning process
- Prioritized review
Number of Participants
- Minimum up to 25 participants
- Integrate listening, speaking, reading, writing, and thinking into daily practice
- Understand the reading/writing process through Know to Show concepts
- Establish literacy routines to support effective instruction and assessment
- Create authentic assessments and connect learning to testing
- Simplify the planning process
- Manage time and pacing
Sign up now!
To sign up, please submit a Professional Development Request form->
Gayla is an educational consultant who works with school districts and educational service centers in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and English language arts and reading. Read more–>