What is Leadership Coaching?
The lead4ward leadership coaching model is designed to increase the principal’s confidence and competency to lead. While the school principal is tasked with meeting the needs of staff, parents, and students, the coach focuses on the needs of the principal, functioning as an expert listener, careful observer, and challenging questioner. With the coach’s reflective questioning, the principal is empowered to reflect, build confidence from within, and identify problem-solving models that build and sustain a strong culture of high academic performance and learning.
Together, the coach and principal will work to build instructional leadership capacity by:
- identifying, leveraging, and building on the principal’s strengths
- prioritizing work by creating individual and campus goals through the T-PESS domains, Texas principal competencies, and student achievement data
- anticipating challenges to leading change
- building the capacity of the leadership team to anchor daily work around campus and individual goals
- planning for facilitation of productive meetings, including prioritizing and scheduling
- role playing conversations, including those regarding employee evaluation
- planning for difficult conversations with parents
- celebrating the principal and campus work
The coach will also assist the principal in the implementation of purchased lead4ward resources to maximize instructional leadership by:
- collaborating in real-time using lead4ward’s Leading Learning Series and other resources to maximize planning, student engagement, and student achievement
- using lead4ward data tools and other resources to identify trouble spots and areas of celebration
- identifying patterns of learning during a unique school year to create action plans for intentional intervention
- implementing knowledge gained through lead4ward services