What is the Special Education Professional Learning Community (ePLC)
The Special Education ePLC is designed to facilitate discussion among Special Education teachers who teach students with high incidence learning disabilities in inclusive settings across the State. Teachers will use the content from the online pre-recorded webinars to facilitate constructive conversations about how to make the content in the TEKS accessible for students with disabilities and provide methods for students to develop effective strategies to access that content.
Each webinar will:
- Explore the specificity of key process standards
- Purposefully use the processes
- Learn how to effectively teach new strategies to your students
- Plan instruction
- Explore strategies for K-12 students who are struggling to access the content and rigor of the TEKS.
- FREE Intro Webinar – watch now–>
- FREE Webinar 1: Strategies for Success – watch now–>
- Webinar 2: Strategies for Summarizing Part 1
- Webinar 3: Strategies for Summarizing Part 2
- Webinar 4: Making Generalizations
- Webinar 5: Comparing and Contrasting
- Webinar 6: Making Predictions
- Webinar 7: Making Inferences
- Webinar 8: Drawing Conclusions and Making Connections
District Level Membership
Sign up now!
To register for these webinars, please click on the link below.
If you are a current member, log in using the link below.
Special Education Consultant
Jayme’s vocation has been serving special populations as a teacher and consultant for over 13 years. She has had the pleasure of learning from students with both high and low incidence disabilities in settings ranging from resource classrooms and inclusion to consultation and outreach. Read more–>