What is the Social Studies eplc?
The Social Studies Professional Learning Community is designed to offer time for Social Studies teachers, who teach 8th Grade Social Studies or US History across the State, to collaborate, to learn what’s new, and to discuss issues related to content, curriculum alignment, standards, and testing.
Overview of the Social Studies eplc
Teachers often struggle to translate the unit bundle of TEKS into lesson themes and then to daily lesson plans. The goal of these webinars is to facilitate constructive conversations about how to make the content in the TEKS comprehensible for students and provide methods for students to develop pathways for recall. The eplc will include:
- Recorded webinars will facilitate a PLC session for each major topic or era
- Each topic will consist of two 15-30 minute recorded webinars: Content and Process and STAAR and Evidence of Learning
- Creative method of sharing resources and ideas with other SS teachers throughout the state
- Resources at your fingertips
With each webinar you will MAPP:
- Map the TEKS
- Analyze data/released tests
- Purposefully use the processes
- Plan instruction
Social Studies Consultant
Social Studies enthusiast Jodi Denton, M.Ed., serves as one of lead4ward’s content specialists. Jodi works with teachers and instructional support teams to meet the increasingly complex requirements for student success. She recognizes the challenges and sense of urgency regarding Social Studies and uses her diverse knowledge, high energy, and fresh approach to support teachers in developing and implementing innovative instructional and assessment practices. Read more–>
Topics for 8th Grade
Topics for U.S. History
Pricing Details for 2016-17 (webinars begin in August)
Registration is by campus
(8th Grade and USH are separate registrations)
Sign up now!