Translating the volume of TEKS and Social Studies content into manageable chunks of instruction can be hard! Front-loading teacher planning time with the 8th Grade Social Studies ePLC allows teachers to spend constructive time within their PLC designing engaging and targeted lessons that promote content retention, comprehension, and application.
The 8th Grade Social Studies ePLC helps teachers build their understanding of big-picture concepts and content nuances through 40+ learning videos and other resources that address the major topics. Each cluster contains
2-4 short subcluster learning videos plus an intervention learning video.
Support for new teachers – 3 learning videos focused on how to get started with the content; checking for understanding and reteach; and preparing for STAAR review
Learning video for STAAR 2.0 – helping students show what they know with short constructed response
The 8th Grade Social Studies ePLC:
- Embeds process-based instructional best practices and strategies from the Social Studies Playlist
- Is organized by lead4ward clusters/subclusters
- Subdivides major topics into units of study to allow more flexibility during PLC meetings
- Includes a 10-15 minute learning video for each subcluster and a cluster-specific intervention learning video
- Addresses the “how” and “when” for intervention (with strategies) – How and when should we intervene to ensure students are successful? And what methods could we use for students at different thresholds? What could intervention look like for students who are struggling to access the stimuli and/or need support with inferential thinking?
- Includes a Social Studies STAAR 2.0 instructional guide
Questions? Email [email protected]
Social Studies Consultant
Social Studies enthusiast, Jodi Denton, M.Ed., serves as one of lead4ward’s content leaders. Utilizing the experiences of her 20 years of service in education, Jodi empowers teachers, instructional support teams and administrators to meet the increasingly complex requirements for student success. Read more–>