STAAR has upgraded, and so has the lead4ward Rockin’ Review conference!
We’ll anchor on the tried and true 10-day review framework AND focus on how to motivate students to engage with high-impact content. This conference combines prioritized student thinking with strategies essential for success on STAAR 2.0. We’ll use lead4ward resources to promote success on all item types – including the new ones!
The lead4ward Rockin’ Review conference allows a campus team to learn together. We recommend that a team consist of at least one teacher from each content area and a campus leader. Participants will attend one of the following sessions: leader, math, reading language arts, science, social studies, or special education. Participants will remain in their selected content area throughout the conference.
In the leader and content-area sessions, we will:
- focus review on high-impact TEKS clusters and STAAR 2.0 instructional priorities
- engage and energize learners with meaningful practices and strategies
- rehearse a planning process focused on stimulus, engagement, thinking, and transfer
- provide the resources to plan a 10-day review
In the session for special educators in inclusive settings, we will:
- prioritize content and vocabulary for review geared toward students with disabilities
- turn effective learning strategies into allowable designated supports
- incorporate supplemental aids throughout the review process
- meaningfully collaborate with classroom teaching partners